Chief Risk Officer – Asset Management Operational Risk Experience Required – Ref: 3568G2
Our Client, a leading US Asset Manager, is looking for a Chief Risk Officer for their newly created European business based in Dublin. You will have primary responsibility for the development and operation of the Company’s operational risk framework and risk function. Reporting to the CEO, duties will include:
• Responsibility for identifying, managing, monitoring and controlling risks and implementing risk control measures accordingly across the following key operational risk areas; investment management risk, risk of loss arising from inadequate or failure of internal processes, people and systems; cyber security risk; business risk; legal risk; insurance risk; and outsourcing risk.
• Putting in place procedures designed to ensure that all applicable risks pertaining to the Company can be identified, monitored and managed at all times, and where appropriate, set the level of risk tolerated by the Company.
• Ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems;
• Reviewing, monitoring and reporting to the Board and making recommendations on the adequacy and effectiveness of and any deficiencies in the operational risk framework of the Company.
• Ensuring all risks that are identified will have a corresponding control designed to mitigate the risk in whole or in part and the effectiveness of this control is also assessed.
• Where there are high risks which have been identified and the controls are not considered to be sufficient, this will be brought to the attention of the Group Head of Operations and the Board.
• Providing an annual risk management report covering risk management policies and procedures which identify the risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems, and where appropriate, set the level of risk tolerated by the Company.
The successful candidate must have gained significant senior asset management operational risk experience ideally with an understanding of other risk areas e.g. cyber security risk, business risk, legal risk or insurance risk. You should either currently hold a PCF14 or be a deputy CRO or senior Operational Risk manager ready and willing to take this responsibility for the first time.
This is a very visible, influential and independent role and as such requires the candidate to not only be technically strong but also to have exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills. You will also have the ability to present complex technical information clearly and accurately and to manage senior level relationships with internal and external parties including, auditors and the regulators.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented senior operation risk practitioner to join the newly created Irish Arm of a multi-billion dollar US Asset Manager in a position that will be technically challenging but also allow you the autonomy to develop the Risk Function in your style and ensure that a strong risk framework exists and is maintained throughout the business.
So if you are keen to be part of something new and exciting and believe you have the breadth of technical knowledge and self-drive to take ownership of this role then please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to email@example.com
Compliance Recruitment Ireland – a partnership between Compliance Ireland and Compliance Recruitment Solutions