Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO – Life Insurance – Ref: 3579G
Ref: 3579G Dublin
€110K – €135K + bonus & benefits
Our Client, a leading Global Financial Services Group, is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer for their Irish Life business based in Dublin with primary responsibility for the ongoing development and operation of the Irish function. Managing a small team, duties will include:
• Providing a professional proactive compliance service to the business and advise the senior management team on their existing and ongoing regulatory obligations
• Building on and maintaining an appropriate Compliance framework for the regulated activities undertaken by the Irish business.
• Designing and ensuring delivery of all compliance monitoring including ensuring delivery of a regular compliance audits for the Irish Life business and its service providers.
• Checking that adequate policies, procedures and controls are in place to ensure that all parts of the Irish business complies with relevant regulations.
• Approving and sign off all relevant marketing and customer documentation material distributed on behalf of the Life Company.
• Adopting the local MLRO role – ensuring delivery and oversight of AML / KYC procedures, training and new business acceptance
• Provision of support for business, operational and regulator change projects to be implemented in respect of the investment activities undertaken locally.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for all queries from the Central Bank of Ireland and establish an ongoing strategy to build and maintain a good relationship with the regulator.
The successful candidate must have gained significant senior compliance experience within a similar Life Insurance company, a Regulator or a Consultancy. You must have an in-depth knowledge of Life Insurance and relevant EU & Irish regulations including Solvency II, Life Regulations, AML and MiFID II.
This is a very visible, influential and independent role and as such requires the incumbent to not only be technically strong but also requires strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels with internal and external parties including, auditors and the regulators.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented senior compliance executive to join a leading Financial Services Group in a position that will be technically challenging but also allow you the autonomy to develop the Compliance Function and in the long term move into other parts of the business whether in Dublin or elsewhere.
So if you believe you have the breadth of technical knowledge and self-drive to take ownership of this role then please contact Gary Collins (Managing Consultant, Compliance Recruitment Ireland) on +353 (1) 563 4310 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Recruitment Ireland – a partnership between Compliance Ireland and Compliance Recruitment Solutions